
This post goes out to all the moms out there! Mostly to my mother!
Over the years my mom and I have become more of friends than enemys.. Our history together would show one person that we have not always seen eye to eye.. but what teenager and parent doesnt?? Since I have had donovan my mom has been my nuber one suporter.. along with the rest of my family.. but no one comes close to my mother! I now know that being a parent is not easy.. nor is it going to get any easier from here on out! Looking back on my life.. with all the hate I had in my heart twords my mother.. well it makes me sad inside... I dont know if I really hit my head one day and well came to my scences but my mom was always there and loved me no matter what I did or said to her! I am so very thankful for her and her unconditional love twords me.. as a child.. a teenager.. a young adult and now a mother! With out my mother and her love I would not be here today.. I would not be the mother I am today... (I am so going to eat my words right now.. this is for you mom).... But I now see what my mother ment all those years when she said.. just wait and see.. I am my mothers Daughter.. I am her in and out and there is no getting around that... Maybe that is not such a bad thing.. lol.. My mom was not as bad as I put her out there to be all those years.. and well SHE WAS ALWAYS RIGHT (most of the time)!!!
My mom tends to apploagize for the way things went in our past.. It is ok mom.. thing happen and I was your first.. Trial and error.. all we can do is learn from it and become closer as the years and days go on! I am sure that I will be saying th same thing to donovan one day!
I just want you to know mom that I love you more than words can explain.. I am thankful for your support even when.. well maybe I should not have deserved it.. I am thankful for all the nights you helped with donovan... for all the support while I did it on my own... I hope one day that I can measure up to the mom that you are and Have the unconditional love for my kids as you do.. I am thankful for a grandmother who taught you how to be such a wonderful mother.. I love you mom!
Ok there you have it.. lol me eating my words and loving my mother! But I really mean everything here and hope that She knows that!
To all the other mothers out there.. I hope you have a day to remember..
3 comments:
Thanks DJ - Best present ever. Love you.
That was AWESOME DJ! I was totally lame and have not done my Mothers day post yet! That was the best read!!! Thanks!
awwwwhh sniff sniff! :) man I bet Michelle cried like a baby reading that! so nice of you to post that DJ! so sweet!
Post a Comment