Thursday, November 19, 2009

A lesson in Learning!!

EXIBIT A:


Ok so today after work and school we went to walgreens to drop and pick up donovans medication the doctor gave him for his ears. Along with many other cold stuff we could find.. Well on our way out donovan saw a M&M guy staning there with M&M's in side him... so donovan grabed a bag and asked if he could have some.. I the mean mother at the time said no.. we had some at home and to put them back please.. well we walked out of the store.. and donovan had them in his hand!! I was in rage to see them in his had.. I told him how unhappy i was that he had stolen the yum yums from the store! he was sobing! tears and all.. he felt so bad that he wanted to take them back... well I was already gone when he asked to take them back! so i told him he needed to say a prayer and tell hevenly father that he was sorry for taking the yum yums from the store...

DONOVAN: " Jesus Christ, I am so sorry that I took the yum yums, please forgibe me (sobing).. I will not do it again.. I love you.. in the name of Jesus Christ amen"

It was by far the cutest prayer i have ever heard.. After that I told him that the police would take him away if they found out that he had stolen.. that that is what they do to people when they do not follow the rules.. he burst into tears and fell apart!! After that he said he was sorry to me and asked what he could do to make feel better.. Well i sentenced him to 10 min in his room to think about what he did.. I feel he understands.. and he told me he was so sorry and walked around the house saying sorry to me and grandma chell and Jesus and Papa and Dad... It is cute and hard not to laugh.. but all at the same time a wonderful lesson to learn!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Good lesson, poor baby! I can just see his little sobs...love that boy!

Aubrie said...

OH MY GOSH!! HE IS SO CUTE! That's going to be such a fun story to tell him when he's older.

Jessica Jackson said...

That is sOOOOOFUNNY